Most patients who experience teeth grinding don’t even realize they grind their teeth until they visit an experienced dentist. Patients who grind their teeth may experience symptoms like chipped or fractured teeth, sore jaw, and headaches. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you may want to visit Sudbury Dental Arts.
At Sudbury Dental Arts, our dental care team offers advanced solutions for patients who have experienced teeth grinding. If left untreated, teeth grinding may lead to damaged teeth which may result in tooth loss. Finding the right treatment can prevent further damage to your smile.
Signs of Teeth Grinding
Identifying the signs of teeth grinding may help you get the treatment you need to restore your smile. If you notice any of these symptoms, please inform our Sudbury dental office. We can perform an extensive examination of your teeth to determine the most practical solution for your smile.
- Chipped or fractured teeth
- Abraded tooth enamel
- Tooth sensitivity
- Jaw pain
- A headache or migraines, especially in the morning
Treatment for Teeth Grinding
Teeth grinding is often a result of stress. Your dentist may discuss lifestyle changes and steps patients can take to reduce teeth grinding. In other cases, further treatment may be needed to prevent further damage to the teeth. We may recommend one or more of these treatments to minimize teeth grinding and repair damaged teeth.
- Bite Guard: A bite guard is similar to a mouthguard, and can be sued to protect the teeth while sleeping. At Sudbury Dental Arts we can create a custom-made bite guard that fits securely and comfortably over the teeth to reduce teeth grinding.
- Restorative Dentistry or Bite Alignment Therapy: If the bite is unaligned, restorative dentistry may be needed to repair damaged surfaces. Depending on your needs, we may recommend invisible braces, dental veneers, dental crowns, or dental implants.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: If the teeth have sustained damage due to teeth grinding, cosmetic dentistry can be used to repair and restore damaged teeth. Dental crowns, dental veneers or dental bonding can be used to improve the appearance of damaged teeth.
Schedule A Consultation
If you suspect you or someone you know is experiencing teeth grinding, contact Sudbury Dental Arts. We can help you find the most effective solution to address your dentistry needs. If you would like to schedule a consultation, call (978) 218-2580, or schedule an appointment online.