At first glance, you may not think your crooked teeth are that big of an issue. However crooked teeth can be the cause of many other oral health issues later on in your life which we will discuss below. Many patients will simply put off correcting crooked teeth as cosmetic concerns usually fall to the back of the list of things to do in life as other priorities come up such vacations and bills. However, after reading the research we have done for you below, you will see that you will actually be saving yourself money in the long run.
Problem That Can Arise From Ignoring Crooked Teeth
- Worn teeth
- When the teeth are not properly aligned, it can cause increased wear in certain areas of the teeth; this can lead to premature tooth wear.
- Difficulties Chewing Properly
- If your teeth do not align when biting down, this can shift pressure to various parts of the mouth. You may chew on one side of your mouth more than the other, which can cause issues for the other side.
- Harder Time Cleaning The Teeth
- Crooked, crowded, or misaligned teeth are structurally harder to clean than straighter teeth. When the teeth are misaligned, you may have a more difficult time cleaning all surfaces of the teeth; this can increase your risk of gum disease and tooth decay.
- Jaw Pain
- When pressure is distributed unevenly between the joints, jaw, and muscles, this may lead to an increased risk of chipping, fracturing, and breaking of the teeth.
- Feeling Self-Conscious
- Patients with crooked teeth usually feel self-conscious of their smile and may choose to hide it with their lips or hands when smiling.
- TMJ / Temporomandibular Joint
- For some patients, crooked teeth may affect the balance of their bite, which may result in TMJ disorders or other bite disorders. Our Sudbury dentist office offers patients comprehensive, effective solutions for TMJ.
- Poor Self-Esteem
- Crooked teeth can lead people to not smile as often, isolate themselves, avoid public speaking, avoid conversations and have social anxiety.
If you are suffering from crooked teeth, take back your self-confidence and contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cheung for how we can help you regain your confidence while also improving your dental checkups with a straighter smile. We will discuss one of our many solutions for crooked teeth such as braces, or Invisalign. Sudbury Dental Arts are here to help give you a smile you’ve always wanted!
Schedule An Appointment
Our team is can work with you to find the best solution to address your crooked teeth. We offer a variety of services to correct the appearance of crooked teeth, including Invisalign. To explore your treatment options at Sudbury Dental Arts in Sudbury, MA, call (978) 218-2580 or schedule an appointment online.